On Jan 11, 2019, at 00.24, Bill Cole <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2019, at 23:15, listsb wrote:
>
>> On Jan 10, 2019, at 06.05, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgr...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe this is a known issue fixed in svn.  We need to get 3.4.3 out the
>>> door for this.  Are you able to test with the 3.4 branch from svn?
>>
>> thanks.  i've done a crude test just grabbing sa-update from svn, with some
>> progress:
>>
>>> sa-update -v --allowplugins --channelfile
>>> /etc/spamassassin/sa-update-conf.d/channels.txt --gpgkeyfile
>>> /etc/spamassassin/sa-update-conf.d/sa-update-keys.txt --gpghomedir
>>> /var/lib/spamassassin/sa-update-keys
>> Update available for channel sought.rules.yerp.org: -1 -> 3402014020421
>> http: (curl) GET http://yerp.org/rules/MIRRORED.BY, success
>> http: (curl) GET
>> http://rules.yerp.org.s3.amazonaws.com/rules/stage/3402014020421.tar.gz,
>> success
>> http: (curl) GET
>> http://rules.yerp.org.s3.amazonaws.com/rules/stage/3402014020421.tar.gz.sha512,
>>  FAILED, status: exit 22
>> http: (curl) GET
>> http://rules.yerp.org.s3.amazonaws.com/rules/stage/3402014020421.tar.gz.sha256,
>>  FAILED, status: exit 22
>> http: (curl) GET
>> http://rules.yerp.org.s3.amazonaws.com/rules/stage/3402014020421.tar.gz.asc,
>> success
>> channel 'sought.rules.yerp.org': could not find working mirror, channel
>> failed
>> Update failed, exiting with code 4
>>
>> it parses the url properly now, but still fails.
>
> This breakage is a FEATURE, not a bug.
>
>> i guess it doesn't like only having the asc file?
>
> Correct. That channel provides no usable hash file and so cannot work with
> sa-update. If you would like a version of sa-update that does not require
> hash files, hack it up at will: that's what open source is for.

thanks, it was not knowing about the change from sha1 to sha2 that was the red
herring for me.  since an sha1 hash is still published, that wasn't failing
prior to upgrading.  on a related but different note, it's interesting that
with an expired gpg key, it wasn't failing before upgrading.  i don't run
sa-update with --nogpg.

in any case, at least the upgrade process exposed a channel in the config that
had long since been forgotten about.