On 28 Sep 2019, at 14:14, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

On 9/28/2019 12:18 PM, Bill Cole wrote:

On 28 Sep 2019, at 7:52, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
 [...]

Thanks to Dominic for his suggestion, but being a newbie I am going to start with this approach.

I happen to be a sendmail old timer as well and will eventually follow the recommendations to migrate to Postfix.

Can a kind soul out there provide the instructions to add TLD rejection to sendmail?

Use the access DB. TLD blocking is in the example at <https://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/anti_spam.html#access_db>

Thanks, Bill.

Just to be sure, the lines should look as follows:

icu        REJECT
info       REJECT
site       REJECT
stream     REJECT

Right?

Right.

BTW: I guess I have to read the access.db documentation closer. At this point I am confused. It seems that both the "From:" and "To:" headers are inspected. How is the differentiation made?

Not headers, envelope addresses and client hostname/IP. See https://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/anti_spam.html#access_db_fine

--
Bill Cole