On Sat, 13 Jun 2020, RW wrote:

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 09:22:40 -0400
AJ Weber wrote:

I want to try adding a score for a sender whose address uses a TLD
with  > 3 chars.

I realize there are some legit ones, but I'm going to test it with a
low score and see what it catches.

What I did was grep my mail for TLDs seeen in ham and then create a
rule __NORMAL_TLD

I then score a point for:

__HAS_FROM  && ! __NORMAL_TLD

This probably wont scale well beyond a few users though.

If I were a bit more energetic I'd autogenerate the rule from cron.

This sounds like a perfect application for a custom DNS-bl lookup/list.

Create a local custom rbldnsd server "dnset" zone from a data file with your blessed TLDs, then a rule doing a rbl check using the hostname from the From address with custom scoring.

You can easily update the rbldnsd zone data (just write/update the data file, no need to restart spamd) and could create a custom scoring value based on the DNS data (EG 127.0.0.2 for really 'good' TLDs, 127.0.0.4 for 'so-so' and 127.0.0.8 for truely spammy names).

--
Dave Funk                               University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu>     College of Engineering