On Sat, 2020-06-13 at 15:25 +0100, RW wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 03:10:52 +0100
> Martin Gregorie wrote:
>
> > You can easily update the rbldnsd zone data (just write/update the
> > > data file, no need to restart spamd) and could create a custom
> > > scoring value based on the DNS data (EG 127.0.0.2 for really
> > > 'good'
> > > TLDs, 127.0.0.4 for 'so-so' and 127.0.0.8
> > > for truely spammy names).
> > The advantage of this approach is that if you use a less-than-basic
> > database, i.e. one that allows multiple simultaneous connections,
> > rather than a single connection DBMS like sqlite, you can share it
> > between several SA instances aand use anything from an interactive
> > SQL tool to a mobile app to maintain the blacklist. And there's no
> > need stop anything to update the database content.
>
> FWIW I've added 6 TLDs and 2 exceptions in the past 5 years.

I did wonder how many 4+ character TLDs there are - Can't remember when
I last saw one, but my main point was that the sort of setup I described
is easy and pretty quick to set up if you know a bit of Perl and -
equally important - is very easy to replicate for a different spam type
once you've got one running. Its also a lot less of a kludge than the
'portmanteau rules' I use, with maintenance being simple in both cases.

Martin