On Wed, 1 Jul 2020, @lbutlr wrote:

On 30 Jun 2020, at 09:31, RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:30:17 +0000
Roald Stolte wrote:

These mails were all using TLDs such as .site and .online and were
getting marked because of it.

Are others seeing a decrease in spam from .site and .online? All I see from these TLD is 100% spam. They are not at the volume that .top was when this free-for all on TLDs started, but they are not generating any legitimate mail on my servers.

That matches my experience.

You could just drop the score for FROM_SUSPICIOUS_NTLD &
FROM_SUSPICIOUS_NTLD_FP.

This is probably the best way, but I'd be wary of dropping it too much.

Especially as the rule covers *other* rarely-legit TLDs as well, and that would impact their scoring.

I'd suggest instead a rule with an offsetting negative score (not necessarily an actual whitelist/accept entry as that's *too* generous) for the TLDs (or if possible the specific domains in those TLDs) that are causing problems.

I realize this isn't really a welcome solution per the original note but until the legitimate use of those TLDs grows the rules punishing them do have value.

  Microsoft is not a standards body.
 3 days until the 244th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence