On Fri, 2020-07-10 at 10:36 +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 10.07.20 08:50, Axb wrote:
> > the US problems won't be fixed with renaming B&W lists.
> > Seriously.. you have more important issues...
>
> while I am not a fan of renaming, I think that
> "welcome list" and "block list" are more informational.
> While people working with these terms know them, others may not so
> well.

Still a bit woolly methinks. I think, acceptlist and rejectlist are a
more meaningful pair of terms.

Similarly I, and the places I've worked, have always used client and
server rather than slave and master. While I see no need to use 'slave'
term outside its historic and ongoing human designation, I do see a
continuing use for 'master', where it describes a unique object that is
frequently replicated of a person with extensive understanding of a body
of knowledge, e.g. master (of a sailing ship), master craftsman, or a
qualification: MSc, MA, etc.

Martin