> > Am 11.07.20 um 01:56 schrieb RW:
> > > I thought most ISPs had outsourced or given-up on email.
> >
> > why should someone with a brain outsource anything?
>
> I don't know, why do you outsource?
>
> > > ISP email has IMO always been a way of locking-in gullible
> > > customers.

The US is always behind with consumer rights, in the EU consumer data
portability is arranged enforced legislation. Then again, is there not
some saying like 'people deserve the government they are having'

> > bullshit - how is there a lockin for customers with their own
domains?

> It locks in those that use the address directly - try and keep up.

I think it will be more popular not to host with google or so. Because
google is mixing your messages with spam, and your messages are more
likely to be marked as spam.
Furthermore doctors and anything serious will not use US based providers
because of the lack of privacy.

Recently someone contacted me in regards a CEO fraud issue. Google and
Outlook.com were not even able to deliver evidence an email was
delivered.