> i got the warning at the daily 12:30 AM lint today as well and as said
> that started long *after that* thread

If you are running ruleset 1880040 and you are running spamassassin
--lint and getting an error, please post the error and the version of SA
you are using.

> frankly where i start to puke is "WHITELIST_TO" and
> "USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO" are renamed, it obviously affects users running
> *stable releases* and you guys are not capable to rename every
> appareance of BLACKLIST and WHITELIST at the same time

It's a balance of trying to support some of the older installs and the
new changes.  We'll dial it in and appreciate the feedback on getting
the changes to work.  Really immune to any complaints about the overall
changes though. They are coming and complaining about it is a waste of
your time.

> meta          CUST_SHORTCIRCUIT1  (ALL_TRUSTED || USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO ||
> USER_IN_WHITELIST || USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST || USER_IN_DKIM_WHITELIST)
> score USER_IN_DKIM_WHITELIST -100.0
> score USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST -100.0

On your local version, if you add a score USER_IN_DKIM_WELCOMLIST -100.0
which does not exist yet, you should get just a warning.  If so,
changing that one meta and those two scores preemptively will prepare
you for the change.

e.g. meta CUST_SHORTCIRCUIT1 (ALL_TRUSTED || USER_IN_ALL_SPAM_TO ||
USER_IN_WELCOMELIST || USER_IN_WHITELIST || ...

I think you said you were on fedora 3.4.4, so please let me know.

Regards,

KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail