On Sun, 2020-07-19 at 15:44 -0700, Luis E. Muñoz wrote:
> On 19 Jul 2020, at 10:54, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>
> > Great question.  That's really a third party rule.  I would like to
> > see it
> > change eventually but maybe that's another phase.  Thoughts?

The only way I can see to prevent the name changes from affecting SA
users private rules is to duplicate the affected rules: one copy using
BLACKLIST/WHITELIST and the other using BANNEDLIST/WELCOMELIST and,
since both copies will fire, with their scores halved. This will allow
private rules to work as normal until the BLACK/WHITE rule names are
removed from the standard set: the overall score for a message will
remain unchanged.

The above should solve the problem for cases (the majority?) where the
private rules only care whether subrules fire or not. However, if
anybody's private rules compare subrule score values then the private
rules may fail completely unless rewritten.

Martin