On Fri, 21 Aug 2020, Riccardo Alfieri wrote:

On 21/08/20 11:52, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

I have noticed those some time ago.
I wonder what's the point of sending such mail.

Perhaps trying to fool the bayesians? I remember some spam emails that cyclically appear (mostly dating spam) that have a lot of hidden text at the end of the body with just entire sentences from classic books or random common words chained.

Just an hypothesis :)

A fairly good one if the "invisible" text is that block at the end. That would be hiding the non-sequitir text from the user to avoid arousing suspicion.

The other approach (as reported here) is to break up the body text like so:

  spa<garbage>mmy wo<garbage>rds

Scanning for "spammy words" in the raw HTML is defeated, but rendering the text as the user would see it before doing the scanning yields:

  spammy text

...which hits.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Are you a mildly tech-literate politico horrified by the level of
  ignorance demonstrated by lawmakers gearing up to regulate online
  technology they don't even begin to grasp? Cool. Now you have a
  tiny glimpse into a day in the life of a gun owner.   -- Sean Davis
 3 days until the 1941st anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii