----- On Aug 21, 2020, at 10:37 PM, Philip Prindeville
philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com wrote:

> I fail to see the point: that we do the work that sendgrid should be doing,
> but
> on a duplicative scale?
>
> Why don’t they police themselves?

Presumably for the same reasons we filter spam at all.  SendGrid is a (type of)
ISP.  Users sign up, and create and send content.  Some of that content is
spam.  We want to block the spam, without blocking the entire ISP.

Like most ISPs, they have a feedback loop to remove malicious users.  I assume
it is too slow, so a SendGrid account ID RBL would provide meaningful value.

(The easiest way to consume this is surely as an DNS RBL?)

--Jered