On 07.04.22 11:31, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
I have a mail setup with an internet facing postfix mail server "edge" (LAN name "firewall") and in internal LAN postfix with dovecot server "internal".

They both run the same version of SA with the same rules.

"edge" receives internet mail, scans it with spamassassin, and then forwards it to "internal" which also scans it with spamassassin.

< Below headers from "internal" >

    T_FILL_THIS_FORM_SHORT autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.6

< below headers and content from "edge" aka "firewall" >

Spam detection software, running on the system "<firewall>.lan",
has identified this incoming email as possible spam.  The original
message has been attached to this so you can view it or label
similar future email.  If you have any questions, see
@@CONTACT_ADDRESS@@ for details.

your edge sends the original message as an attachment, so your internal server can not process many of checks. SA option "report_safe" does this.

You should either trust edge server on its decision, or not do scanning there. If you do scan there, set "report_safe 0".

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.