On 5/6/22 11:31, Bill Cole wrote:
On 2022-05-06 at 10:58:15 UTC-0400 (Fri, 6 May 2022 09:58:15 -0500)
Thomas Cameron <thomas.came...@camerontech.com>
is rumored to have said:

Howdy, all -

As I mentioned in a previous email, I'm trying to bump up the score for
BAYES_999. I have not messed with SA in years, but I'm trying to get back into
it. Sorry if this is a silly question.

I tried to add the following line to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, but it's
not firing:

[root@mail-east ~]# cat /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
# These values can be overridden by editing ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.cf
# (see spamassassin(1) for details)

# These should be safe assumptions and allow for simple visual sifting
# without risking lost emails.

score SPAM_999 3
Where are you getting that rule name???

If I'm reading it correctly, it is NOT bumping up the score for BAYES_999, it's
only adding the default 0.2 to it.
SA is not clairvoyant or telepathic. It has no idea that you want to change the
score on BAYES_999 by using the name of a non-existent rule SPAM_999.

I'm running this on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.5. The SA package is
spamassassin-3.4.4-4.el8.x86_64.

What am I doing wrong?
Changing the score for a non-existent rule.

Ugh. I have no idea how I got it in my head that it was SPAM and not BAYES. Sorry for the noise.

Thomas