On Mon, Feb 06, 2023 at 04:16:46PM -0500, Bill Cole wrote:
> On 2023-02-06 at 12:50:29 UTC-0500 (Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:50:29 +0000)
> Michael Grant via users <mgr...@grant.org>
> is rumored to have said:
>
> > I’m noticing that check_uridnsbl() seems only to check the message body.
> > Is there some way to make it check the headers as well?
>
> No. Which is fine, because there are usually no URIs in headers, and when
> there are, they are likely to be standard List-* headers, which are unlikely
> to be useful.

It's actually just a domain name.  This uridnsbl keys off domain names
in the body too, I was kinda hoping it would look at the domain names
in the headers like the body, guess not.

> You can obviously use 'full' or the 'all' pseudo-header and look for
> specific domains, but identifying everything in the header that COULD be a
> domain and just testing that against a DNSBL designed for domains found in
> URIs could have very bad failure modes.

How about just say the from or received headers?  Is there something
like check_rbl that would look up a domain name rather than an ip
address that I could look up the domain in that URIBL list?

I played with check_rbl() but this seems only to look up numeric ip
addresses.

Michael Grant