It's actually just a domain name.  This uridnsbl keys off domain names
in the body too, I was kinda hoping it would look at the domain names
in the headers like the body, guess not.

So there's an interesting history here. Back in the early/mid 2000s, when SURBL, URIBL, and invaluement's URI lists were just starting (I was there!) - we didn't have reliable and universally-used/established domain authentication tools like SPF and DKIM and even ESPs were either non-existent or just beginning. Therefore, the vast majority of spammers were sending from their own servers (or bots!) - and both the mail header from and the SMTP-envelope FROM - in spams - was 99+% of the time forged. So trying to run a DNSBL that listed the domains found in the headers was a horrible idea because a massive percentage of spam used forged domains. That was then a losing game of whack-a-mole that would only add much useless one-off data to a dnsbl, as well as providing spammers with intel they could use to find DNSBL spamtrap addresses.

Today, so much is radically different since now many spams have their domains authenticated with things like SPF and DKIM. Therefore, SURBL and URIBL and Spamhaus's DBL have since moved more towards purposely including those header and SMTP-envelope domains (as well as the domain at the end of the PTR record) as things that they specifically target with their domain/URI lists. But these are things that "consumed" by SA with OTHER rules, not with URIDNSBL. (also, postfix as some good rules for this too which don't require callouts to content filters like SA. Exim and others probably do, too?

At invaluement - we're very very late to this game - and we're going a different route - choosing to target these with a separate list, not our URI list - this will be our SED list, which is currently under development - although, in the meantime, many of our subscribers use our existing URI list in this way, outside of our recommendations, and are happy with those results.

The main takeaways are:
(1) these require different rules than the URIDNSBL module (since URIDNSBL is for checking domains/IPs inside the clickable links in the body of the message) (2) Any DNSBL trying to do should to pay attention to authentication, and not just throwing every such domain in the list without being sure it really is them and not a forged domain.

I hope this helps!

Rob McEwen, invaluement