On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 12:24:39PM -0400, Michael Grant via users wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 04:03:03PM +0100, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> > Michael Grant via users skrev den 2023-03-17 09:52:
> >
> > > What do people do to keep things up to date easily?
> >
> > i just use gentoo, or freebsd, not a precompiled problems (hehe)
> >
> > but what plugin do you need with spamassassin 4 now ?
> >
> > are you willing to apt maintain a custom plugin in debian ?, i see no
> > problem if you do this :)
>
> I want to try the ExtractText plugin.
>
> What if I just install this from CPAN?  It installs in
> /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/ which looks correct.
>
> It was also recommended to me maybe use cpan2deb and install that, but
> then I'm maintaining my own private debian package which I really did
> not want to do.  What's wrong with just installing from CPAN in this case?

https://metacpan.org/pod/Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ExtractText

I guess you didn't notice that you are actually installing SpamAssassin
4.0.0, since that's what you are looking at from CPAN?  It's part of the
official SA package starting from 4.0.0, not a standalone plugin.

With luck the plugin will work even on 3.4 without troubles, but uhh yeah..