On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 07:12:35AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Henrik K <h...@hege.li> writes:
>
> > From what I've seen, it's very uncommon to use this format.  Why rely on
> > some vague previously defined score, which can change at any time?  Just set
> > a static score you like and fits your system.
>
> It's not vague; it's the score which is defined by the distributed
> rules.
>
> My intent is to say that I want 1 point more than what the rules say,
> and I mean that to float with rule changes.

It _is_ vague.  It's either an educated static score the developer gave, or
a corpus generated score, both which might not reflect your personal
mailflow at all.

> Perhaps you are arguing that all uses of () are confused and thus we
> should lean to removing that facility.

I just think it's much more common to create meta that checks if the rule
you are interested in hit, and add to scoring that way.  Yes I realize by
that logic things are vague as well, *shrug*.  But if you use a non-common
method, it's possible that there are bugs and strangness as we now found
out.