On Fri, 7 Jul 2023, Reindl Harald wrote:

/usr is package terriotory and MUST NOT BE owned by anybody than root and read-only for the world

just give common sense another few seconds!

only the files/folders which are supposed to be written by any deamon should be writeable for the user the daemnon is running with

you don't want an exploit happening somewhere in teh filter chain modify your binaries/scripts

OF COURSE!

For me, THE key questions have to do with the learning aspect (and maybe logging): What's the directory that, for example, sa-learn has to write into? ... Again, pointers would be nice - it's not like I was planning to spend my day doing this; I have a customer visit planned that's coming up soon! I just don't have much time!

Richard