Denny,

If you read the fine manual for the spamassassin configuration file, in section for 'score SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME n.nn [ n.nn n.nn n.nn ]'

You'll see:

   If only one valid score is listed, then that score is always used for a test.

If four valid scores are listed, then the score that is used depends on how SpamAssassin is being used. The first score is used when both Bayes and network tests are disabled (score set 0). The second score is used when Bayes is disabled, but network tests are enabled (score set 1). The third score is used when Bayes is enabled and network tests are disabled (score set 2). The fourth score is used when Bayes is enabled and network tests are enabled (score set 3).

So when there are four score values it will use the one relevant to your SA's operating condition.

EG: if the rule is senstive to the presence of network type tests, such as DNSRBLs, the score can be adjusted accordingly.