On 2023-08-30 at 15:14:15 UTC-0400 (Wed, 30 Aug 2023 19:14:15 +0000 (UTC))
Denny Jones via users <lhweb...@aol.com>
is rumored to have said:

Hello,
I have looked high and low and can't find an explanation for multi-level scoring:
score SCC_CANSPAM_2    3.799    0.001    3.799    0.00
What does this mean?
In my simplistic way of doing things I would write this as:
score SCC_CANSPAM_2     3.799

Try running this:

perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

That provides you with a man-like interface for the configuration of SpamAssassin, extracted from the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf perl module. Not very far into that document you will find:

If four valid scores are listed, then the score that is used depends on how SpamAssassin is being used. The first score is used when both Bayes and network tests are disabled (score set 0). The second score is used when Bayes is disabled, but network tests are enabled (score set 1). The third score is used when Bayes is enabled and network
        tests are disabled (score set 2). The fourth score is used when
        Bayes is enabled and network tests are enabled (score set 3).

Very often, you will find the the automated rescoring system will emit what looks like a perverse set of scores with the 2 network-enabled scores at or near zero. That is an artifact of how rescoring is done combined with the fact that network tests are often a distillation of other people's recent spam detections. Essentially a very 'small' rule is duplicative of the detection being effectively done by a network source.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire