On Monday 08 April 2024 at 05:15:58, Grant Taylor via users wrote:

> Below is my opinion, it's worth everything you paid for it.  But I do
> suggest you read it and think about it for a few minutes.

For what it's worth, I thoroughly agree with these opinions.

 - don't alienate people by sending from a DoNotReply address - it's rude

 - maximise the efficiency of your ticketing system by making it work for
people
who like browsers and also for people who like email

 - never send out HTML-only emails - always include a plaintext equivalent

 - make your systems transparent so that people feel they understand what's
happening and when at different stages in the process - don't create a
"corporate black box" which customers can't understand

Antony.

--
"Life is just a lot better if you feel you're having 10 [small] wins a day
rather than a [big] win every 10 years or so."

 - Chris Hadfield, former skiing (and ski racing) instructor

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.