On 6/21/2024 8:56 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:
I scratched my head, then looked up the man page for sa-update on the web. Sure enough, that’s where the rules go. Is that where my local.cf file should be located? Right now it’s in /etc/mail/spamassassin. There’s a default local.cf file in /var/lib/…..

/var/lib/spamassassin is where channels put their rules. /etc/mail/spamassassin is where the host admin puts her customizations. I like to use separate files for different policies, named after each effect I'm trying to get. SA will load anything there with a .cf extension.