Loren Wilton wrote:
Which dont seem to trigger the above rule. Any ideas?

Not really.  That's my rule and it works fine here, and many other places.
However, you aren't the first to say it doesn't work for them.

I'm guessing you are using something other than procmail/spamd to process
mail, or maybe you are running on a windows/mac box?  My guess is that
something is taking the bare cr characters and helpfully either changing
them to actual newlines or sticking newlines before or after them.  Since I
specifically check for a bare \r character rather than \r\n, if something is
decorating the \r characters the rule won't fire.

Just for grins try changing the rule to something like this and see if it
works, and let us know:

rawbody  __LW_URI_CR1 /href=\"[^"]*\r\n?/is
full  __LW_URI_CR2 /href=\"[^"]*\r\n?/is
meta  LW_URI_CR  __LW_URI_CR1 || __LW_URI_CR2
score  LW_URI_CR  2
describe LW_URI_CR  unescaped cr in uri

        Loren

Loren

yup I'm using MailScanner to drive SA.

I'll try your alternative and see how we get on...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.