"Matt Yackley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Here is what I know of the issue.
> 1. Email that has only been stored in user mailbox and then pulled
> from a mailbox via IMAP/POP3 will retain the full headers of the
> email.
> 2. Email that is moved into a public folder, then pulled out via
> IMAP/POP3 will have the headers converted to the TNEF style which
> removes most X- headers, but does leave the received headers,
> date/time headers but adds in some of the MS headers including the
> TNEF.
> 3. Emails that are moved to a public folder, then moved to a user
> mailbox, then pulled out via IMAP/POP3 will suffer the same header
> issues as #2

> MS is trying to come up with a work-around for the problem, also in
> his spare time our developer at work is looking to see if he can come
> up with a work-around.  If I find a better way to pull messages out of
> Exchange, I'll let everyone know.

Matt,

What I've resorted to doing is to archive all incoming e-mail in my
front-end MTA (exim on linux). I have a script that extracts the
message-ids of the spam in the Exchange public mail box and then
extracts the original e-mails from the archive to feed through sa-learn.

regards,
John