From: Jesse Shumaker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:00 AM
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: SpamAssassin w/POP3 & SMTP outsourced e-mail server...

Here is my situation. Currently, our e-mail isn't managed within our organization. We have a third party ISP who is hosting the e-mail for us. We simply configure our Outlook clients to authenticate to their SMTP/POP servers. Is there a way that I could setup a SpamAssassin box at each of my sites to filter each Outlook clients' outgoing and incoming mail? I'm not sure if this is possible and I am a novice on the technology of e-mail. Here's how I see it working:

It would be just like a web proxy. The outlook clients are redirectd to the spamassassin box which filters the e-mail and forwards/relays the requests onto our ISP's e-mail servers. If you can assist me at all with this I would be greatly appreciated.

thanks