From: Steve [Spamassasin] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 September 2005 10:27
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Very simple user query...

I'm using spamassassin (Razor, Pyzor, DCC) and procmail to filter all my
mail on my (Gentoo) linux-server, to which I connect from a number of
Windows (XP/2000) machines using Mozilla Thunderbird to access my
(dovecot) IMAP folders on the linux server.  I configured spamassassin
to use "Rulesdujour" and to regularly update those rules - and I was
very happy... at least 99.99% of spam was correctly marked with only one
incident of false positives (for which spamassasin wasn't entirely to
blame.) in several months.

Lately I've been less lucky - only ~99% of my spam is marked as such...
which sounds good but the remaining 1% gives me up-to a dozen bogus
messages each day... which is frustrating.  To the naked eye the missed
spam is obviously spam - but typically the only significant rule it
triggers is the Bayesian rule...  As I've stuck to the default settings
this alone is insufficient to identify a mail as spam.

I'm left with several questions...

    * Is there somewhere where I can report spams which aren't caught by
      the default configuration in order to feed-back into future
      improvements?
    * Is there an easy way to report spam explicitly to the checksum
      services (Razor/Pyzor/DCC)?

Any other suggestions are welcome...

Steve

the system manager.