I've got to agree that the TTL criteria doesn't necessarily reflect reality... at least in these parts.

Using SORBS' "self-help" system, I can delist my residential cable IP which is "pseudo-static" but I cannot delist my business DSL IP which is static (and 3 times the price).

Of course, my business DSL provider could be less brain dead and not set a 30 min TTL for their entire forward zone (and 1 day for their reverse zone), but I suspect there are lots of people out there in the same situation.

Too bad the telco is the only game in town. At least their DNS servers haven't been rooted this week (yet, anyway).

Daryl