Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:42:18AM -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>>My tagged spam rate at the end of January 2005 (2.8k spam/day) was higher than
>>my peak rate in the past month (2.3k spam/day), but I suspect this is largely
>>due to the greylist.
>

> Dumb question... how does one do 'partial greylisting'?

Perhaps a better term is "selective greylisting"

I'm Using milter-greylists's acls. My default is to whitelist (ie: not greylist)
but I have an extensive set of ACLs that use regexes to greylist most dialup
hosts, and hosts with no RDNS. I also greylist all of apnic and lacnic by IP.

Hence, depending on where you come from, you might be greylisted, and you might
not. I greylist only a selective part of the hosts on the net, instead of the
usual approach of greylisting everything.