From: Matt Kettler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:02 PM
To: Aaron Boyles
Cc: SpamAssassin
Subject: Re: Public Blacklists?

Aaron Boyles wrote:
> This sounds along the lines of what I'm looking for.  Is there an RFC
> on this protocol anywhere, and a list of some free servers hosting the
> information?

As for an RFC, none that I know of. The best you might get would be the
sendmail docs, because it is sendmail's built-in IP query format that most
blacklists support.

As for a list of public servers, take a look at the rules in SA's
20_dnsbl_tests.cf for a list of good ones.

If you want a more comprehensive list, check the "spam database lookup" on
www.dnsstuff.com.