On Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:46 PM -0800 Kenneth Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Makes me wonder about installing outbound filters that run a validator
and reject anything that fails. I often see flame wars on mailing lists
about allowing HTML posts to the list, but I wonder how the arguments
would change if one allowed only *validated* HTML. I'll bet most who
insist on using HTML would immediately be rejected by the validator.
"Sorry, your message was rejected because your MUA vendor writes garbage
that we can't parse, and makes you look like a spammer." ;)

Anyone know of a good validator that can be run over a MIME part to report on the quality of the HTML? This might be used as a go/no-go filter at milter level, or it could be used as an SA plugin to assign a variable score based on the quality of the HTML.

For mailing lists catering to newbies who love HTML and can't understand why us old-timers hate it, we can set the list to exclude all invalid HTML. "Sure, we'll accept your HTML. But only if it's really HTML. Not that crap that most MUA's write."