On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 01:51:45PM +0300, MJ wrote:
> Thanks for you quick response.

:)

> >The "#" implies you're running as root.  Is that the same user as
> amavis runs as?
>
> No, there is another user for daemon with a false shell, can't be use to
> login as a normal user.

You need to somehow access that user's database files.  The usual method
would be switch to the appropriate user and run the previously stated
sa-learn command, then look at the debug output.

Another possibility is to use another user and setting bayes_path to
access those files, but that may lead to ownership/permission issues,
generally if an expire occurs.

If amavis has a "spamassassin debug" option, you could enable that,
and then look at the logs to see what the problem is, but the output
may be very large before you see the problem.

> >This isn't the same path as you posted before, so I'm not surprised
> >those files didn't change.
> You mean which path? My bayes_* files are under /var/amavis/.spamassassin.

Exactly.  As shown in the debug output you sent previously, by running
as root, sa-learn was using the files in /.spamassassin which isn't the
same as /var/amavis/.spamassassin.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Dying is the leading cause of death in the world.