Hey all-

I just installed Spam Assassin and I'm running into a small problem. I'm running a mail server with Exim 4.60 and it's hosting virtual accounts. So the setup is basically /mail/domain.com/mail/user/inbox what I would like to do is give each user control over their SA settings so I've tried two different ways to make SA work the way I wanted.

I've copied the user_prefs template over to the following:

1) Tried doing it this way: /mail/domain.com/mail/.spamassassin/user.cf
2) /mail/domain.com/mail/user/.spamassasin/user_prefs

I have the following Router in my Exim config:

# SpamAssassin
spamcheck_router:
 no_verify
 check_local_user
 # When to scan a message :
 #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
 #   -   it isn't already scanned
condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}} {1}{0}}" require_files = /mail/${domain}/mail/.spamassassin/${local_part}/user_prefs
 driver = accept
 transport = spamcheck

With this Transport:

spamcheck:
   driver = pipe
   command = /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
   use_bsmtp = true
   transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
   home_directory = "/tmp"
   current_directory = "/tmp"
# must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back in!
   user = exim
   group = exim
   log_output = true
   return_fail_output = true
   return_path_add = false
   message_prefix =
   message_suffix =

Now I only have one account under one of the domains setup with with a user_prefs and/or a user.cf file. SA is scanning for SPAM on that account so I'm assuming that the require_files command in the Router is working, because other accounts under that domain are not scanning SPAM nor are any other domains/accounts on the server. However, it will only read the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file and is ignoring the lower score setting I have in my user_prefs file.

My question is, how do I get SA to read from the user_prefs file under the virtual email user accounts? Anyone done this before? I'm kinda new to SA and I'm still getting the hang of customizing it.

Thanks!

--

Tom Ray
Detroit Online