----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Wilton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: Image only spam

(1) I currently have no local.cf. I assume the default location is /etc/mail/spamassassin.

This seems rather amazing. This is the normal place that the standard SA options live.

Grep around for *.cf files and see where they live. You really should find some in two different places. There will be a large number in /etc/something where SA is physically installed. There should be some few more, including local.cf, in /usr/something, typically.

Alternately, run 'spamassassin --lint -D' from a command line and it will twll you where it is looking to find rules.

This turned up a local.cf in /usr/opt/perl5/etc/mail/spamassassin/. Does that sound right?

There are also lots of rules in /usr/local/share/spamassassin.

I gather I should add a file of the form rdj.cf to the /usr/local/share/spamassassin directory containing the line you originally mentioned?

Sorry for the dopey questions.

(2) I assume that I just add the string:

TRUSTED_RULESETS="SARE_GENLSUBJ0 SARE_OBFU SARE_REDIRECT_POST300
SARE_ADULT SARE_HEADER0 SARE_CODING SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_SPOOF SARE_FRAUD
SARE_WHITELIST_SPF SARE_WHITELIST_RCVD SARE_URI0 SARE_OEM SARE_STOCKS";

to my local.cf

NO! That string is part of the configuration file for RulesDuJour, ir RDJ is it is commonly referenced. It, along with the rest of the configuration file, will cause a number of rules files to be downloaded from www.rulesemporium.com and stored into the correct directory on your machine that contains the SA "local" rules files. If you put that in local.cf you will get syntax errors.

(3) What suffix would I use for the rules file.

SA rules files end in a *.cf suffix. However, as mentioned above, those lines will retrieve complete rules files that are already appropriately named.

       Loren