From: "JamesDR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mail storage for ISP? Say 100MB. (ISP's don't allocate this my the number of users, they know that they won't be storing that much mail for that long.) Help desk calls because of over limit? Very few.

IMAP/IMAP SEND
Mail storage for ISP? Say 100MB. (ISP WILL HAVE TO allocate this much for every user, say you have 40K users... you can see how expensive this will become.) Help desk calls because of over limit? Quite a few because the email client will just keep the messages on the server.

I keep several gigabytes of email data around. With POP3 it is easy
to store locally. With IMAP it's a pain in the <censored>.

{^_^}