Matthias-

Yes I had the same issue on my setup which I forgot to mention. I had to copy the Timeout.pm module from the SpamAssassin source tree into the installation path. On my machine it was

cp /usr/local/src/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.1/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Timeout.pm /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Timeout.pm

You could try commenting out the line that loads this module. On you machine it might be already loaded, but on my installation it does not get loaded by default.

Maybe someone else knows why this is not installed by default. If you don't have the source you can download it from: http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi?update=200607261000

Notice on the bottom of the page that they have an archive. I would try to match the version numbers so you don't introduce any wierd bugs.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Davin Flatten