Ole Nomann Thomsen wrote:

Den 15.08.2006 kl. 12:01 skrev Andreas Pettersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

While I don't really see why ldap isn't an option, even with an 99% load, callout might be the solution.
However, I don't run qmail but here's how it works with exim

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/ch39.html#SECTcallver

Yeah, that is pretty neat. But the Firstclass system is running at 99%
capacity on the E-mail injection too. I mean, we are really pumping it in,
trying to level the peak-priod and everything.

Performing callouts will probably cause it to emit strange noises and smoke.

Why would it?
It would generate the same amount of connect attempts to FC as it already does today, but the spam gets rejected instead of accepted and then bounced.

Regards,
Andreas