Hi Gary,

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Gary V wrote:
installs an initscript, so there are advantages. Mixing both methods is often a bad thing however.

        Ok, I'll definite refrain myself from doing that.

Are you using DCC/Razor2/Pyzor? Are they (along with other network based tests) working? What rules are hitting when you get somthing you think should have been marked as spam, but isn't? Are you hitting rules like ALL_TRUSTED when you should not be? Maybe you should post examples of local.cf and user_prefs.
To see if anything is going on as far as net tests go, you can break out debugging info and try stuff like:
spamassassin --lint --debug area=1,dns

Here you would want to see:
dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes

spamassassin --lint --debug area=1,uri
spamassassin --lint --debug area=1,razor2
spamassassin --lint --debug area=1,dcc
spamassassin --lint --debug area=1,pyzor

Thank you for these suggestions. I found out that several of these were either not installed or disabled. Since turning them on (and waiting a day or so for more spam to come in...first time in my life I wanted "more" spam!), I've noticed that razor2 contributes much to the score. So far, I haven't had a spam missed.

My spam is sent to a folder and as for the score, I've set it to 5.0, which seems ok. I actually think the default score of 5.0 is too low based on its current settings (i.e., with razor2, etc. turned off). With them turned on, 5.0 seems just right.

Thank you for your help! It seems to be running fine on my Debian machine now. The "D" key was starting to break after hitting it so much every day! :)

Ray