Nick Rout wrote:
Hi, I am new to this list and certainly not a SA expert, however I have
moderate experience in general linux issues and mailer issues.

I am getting a series of messages allowed through on the basis of
USER_IN_WHITELIST. I have searched the mailing list archive and pored
over my setup files and just cannot understand why these messages are
getting marked USER_IN_WHITELIST.

The headers are below, my (perhaps limited) understanding is:

(1) that USER_IN_WHITELIST has nothing to do with bayes or AWL So I am
ignoring them.

(2) I have checked the .cf files in /usr/share/spamassassin,
/etc/spamassassin/ and ~nick/.spamassassin/ and cannot see any reason
why [EMAIL PROTECTED] should be getting whitelisted (or indeed any of the
other users in this series of emails)

(3) the X-Spam-* headers seem to be written by my machine (rather than
being forged, if that were possible)

(4) SA is launched out of spamd/spamc via ~/.procmailrc on gentoo linux.
The MTA is postfix and the SA version is 3.1.3.
Can anyone help me with where to look next?

The return-path looks a little iffy to me, have you white listed yourself or your domain ? (hint: not a good idea).

Regards,

Rick