Hi,

I have a question regarding the Bayes Token database for SA.
I'm using:
SpamAssassin version 3.1.4
Debian Linux kernel 2.4.27-2 on a Pentium II based system
Qmail v1.03 (using qmail-queue and procmail to filter [SPAM] mails)
Courier IMAP

We have a network with about 200-300 users, and some of the users get a lot of SPAM. I have a nightly cron'd task to run through every user's "MissedSpam" IMAP folders and run this command for each user:

sa-learn --showdots --spam /home/$1/Maildir/.Spam.MissedSpam/

However, it doesn't appear to be working! We recently overhauled our mailserver about 2 months ago, and I would have expected the SPAM situation to improve since then, but it seems to be just as bad. We had an installation on our previous mailserver (running Postfix) and the nightly training worked GREAT -- after a couple weeks SPAM significantly dropped, and we had no false positives.

The relevant portion of my /etc/mail/spamassasin/local.cf
## Bayes path ##
bayes_path /etc/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0666
/etc/spamassassin/bayes/  has permissions 775, and is owned by root.spamd
It's currently empty.

What am I doing wrong? I've done a lot of googling but have had no luck with getting any useful results. I was hoping someone on this list is familiar with the Bayes token DB's and could point me to why it's not working this time.

Thanks!
Aaron