Matt,

Does antidrug still get updates? If you are going to continue publishing updates to antidrug I will change the URL in RDJ to wherever eventually move it. If, however, there are no additional updates foreseen it should probably be removed from RDJ altogether.

LMK.

Chris Thielen

Matt Kettler wrote:
Although not yet definite, I am likely switching ISPs starting next
Friday. It is my intent to keep the Comcast account active for about 4
weeks as a fall-back if the new ISP doesn't work out.

However, this means antidrug.cf will be moving, and at some point after
I shut down the account the web hosting will become inactive.

It also means that eventually someone else might get assigned the same
username. This person could possibly pick up on the fact that their
account is being accessed by auto-updaters and attempt to publish a rule
file of a hostile nature (ie: beneficial to spammers, or attempting to
exploit the rule parser).

So, here's your first (of 3) warning to disable RDJ for antidrug until
the move is completed. (If you have SA 3.0.0 or higher you shouldn't be
using antidrug.cf anyway).

I will post another warning 2 weeks before I disconnect the account. By
that time I should also have the new home for antidrug set up and will
post that link.

At 1 week prior, I will post a third warning, and change the file to a
file that will cause errors when loaded into SA and contain warning text
telling them what's going on. I know it's not very nice, but RDJ should
roll the file back just fine, and I really want to make sure folks know
to stop auto-updating. I'm significantly more concerned about leaving
folks vulnerable to an untrusted person adding hostile rules to their
config than any chance of RDJ screwing up the roll-back.

(For reference, I'm switching to Verizon FIOS. FIOS is the only other
practical service available at my address besides Comcast cable.
Satellite, dialup or 640k DSL with twice-daily service outages due to
poor line quality are also options, but all impractical. And yes, I know
Verizon is a bunch of evil, greedy bastards with horrible customer
service, loads of spambots on their lines, and a tendency to spam their
own customers. All of the same is true of Comcast, and at least Verizon
is a bit cheaper and possibly less prone to 2-week outages following
thunderstorms.)