I have completely missed the recent thread "SA increasing load average a lot and spams getting through", which seems to reflect exactly the same problem I'm having. For completeness I use SA 3.1.5 and haven't changed any cf the last few days. Theres absolute not any high volume of mail. Plenty of time to process one mail at a time.

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Pettersson wrote:

Hi.

Since yesterday I am having problem with spamd processes hogging cpu. All is fine until suddenly spamd keeps using 95% cpu forever. I noticed that bayes.lock also contains the pid of the hogging process. After some minutes I kill the pid and removes bayes.lock by hand, but it only takes a few minutes until the situation is the same again. I tailed the log trying to find some answers but only found

Sat Sep 23 12:50:25 2006 [13787] info: spamd: connection from localhost [127.0.0.1] at port 52807 Sat Sep 23 12:50:25 2006 [13787] info: spamd: checking message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for nobody:58

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

Regards,
Andreas