> > 14 seconds may be just the delay for the various network tests to
> > respond.
> You mean the test form SA? I have googled for this kind of situations
> and I found I am the slowest. If I stop the spamd, the delivery will
> be much faster.

I mean it depends how your SA is configured.

Some of the test are based on data on remove databases (all the RBL
test, Razor/Pysor, Dcc...) depending on your network connectivity, it
can take some time before you get a response for these various tests.

But once again, this is not an issue because it does not create any
load on your server: while SA is waiting for a network test to finish,
the server can process other emails.

I have an average SA processing time comprised between 10 and 15
seconds.

Olivier