Ramprasad wrote:

> Why not SPF ??

        Over two thirds of the email I receive that is UCE/Spam has an
"SPF_PASS" associated with it from SA.  All SPF seems to do is make the
"stupid" spammers look more stupid.  The clever ones aren't affected.

> DK is a resource HOG. And I cant do that easily in postfix ,( I know you
> will point to dk-milter )

        http://jason.long.name/dkfilter/   ...  Postfix specific implementation
using the Sourceforge/ OpenSource adoptation of the DK standards.

> What is the point accepting the mail and the entire data and then
> scanning for DK when It should have ideally been rejected after
> "mail from:"

        That would be the exact point of DK at the Postfix/ MTA level.

> So I let SA do the testing .. which catches the spams but eats resources
> of my servers. When you receive 3-5 million mails a day you tend to
> bother more about resources

        I would humbly submit to you that if you move that much traffic, you
should be able to justify one more MX machine in the pool and implementing DK.

> Thanks
> Ram

        Another point here is that SPF and DK are NOT mutually exclusive
technologies.  If a thirty-customer/ 10k message-a-day shop like me can
implement both, I am sure that a "Big Shop" like yours can.

--
        --Michel Vaillancourt
        Wolfstar Systems