Coffey, Neal wrote:
Well, partly it failed because you set your limit to 4 instead of 5.
You take a risk of false positives by doing that, since the rulesets are
optimised with a score of 5 in mind.
However, the "real" culprit seems to be SARE_FORGED_CITI, which is
defined thusly:

I'm sorry, apparently I wasn't technical enough. Yes, I can read. And I already opened up and looked at the rule, and I can't figure out why it failed. Please skip the duh answers.

And god no, I never use 5 as the tag level. Hell, I run 2.9 on a number of my accounts... Don't try to make something that is an adjustable user policy into a Don't Change This.

-----------------------
header   __RCVD_CITIBNK         Received =~
/(?:citi(?:bank|cards|corp|bankcards)|acxiom|c2it)\.com/i
header   __FROM_CITIBNK         From =~ /citi(?:bank)?\.com/i
uri      __URI_CITIBNK          /citi(?:bank)?\.com/i
meta     SARE_FORGED_CITI       (__FROM_CITIBNK && __URI_CITIBNK &&
!__RCVD_CITIBNK)
-----------------------

We see this in your headers from that email...

[206.132.3.184]) by triceratops.lizardarts.com (8.13.8/8.13.8)

...and come to the conclusion that this email does, in fact, have forged
Citibank headers.  In this case, it's a legitimate email, but it's still
forged. Shame on Citibank.

That's not the RCVD_CITIBNK rule I'm using. I have the latest, which is 200607251600.cf. The latest rule is

meta __RCVD_CITIBNK (__RCVD_CITIBNK_A || __RCVD_CITIBNK_B || __RCVD_CHASE_B)

RCVD_CHASE_B (which should probably be renamed RCVD_BIGFOOT) is

  header   __RCVD_CHASE_B     Received =~ /\bbigfootinteractive\.com/i

And thus, the rule should not match.  Which is why this confused me.

My suggestion for working around this?  Create a meta rule that negates
SARE_FORGED_CITI.

No, the real fix is for the rule to work.  Don't add breakage to breakage.

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer