Jo Rhett wrote:
Auto detection is completely and utterly broken.
Seriously, show me a single site with auto detection enabled that

I just wanted to apologize for my pissy attitude. It wasn't you guys, and you didn't deserve these responses.

(the rest of this e-mail is off topic, so unless you're bored hit D)

Some idiot out there keeps sending a hundred megabyte flood against a customer of a customer. Our network handles it fine (my day job, not netconsonance) but it so happens that this customer of a customer is on the same DSL switch as I am, and it makes life hell for me too. So I have to bring up my out of band access and try to nail this fuck-head.

He's not randomizing source IPs, but he keeps moving from place to place. And it's always early evening or early morning PST, so I think the fucker is going to random well-connected internet cafes and doing these attacks from there.

Unfortunately, a hundred megabytes just doesn't make a blip on most provider's radar (even ours), so it's pretty hard to trace backwards before he's gone.

The fact that it's consistently just before/after working hours PST makes me hope that someday I'll figure out who he is and can go break the fucker's kneecaps.

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer