Sammy Anderson wrote:
We recently migrated our SpamAssassin installation from a physical 3.6 GHz system running RHEL 4 and SA 3.0.4 to a VMware VM (ESX 2.5.4) with RHEL 4 as the guest OS and SA 3.1.7. Each user has their own Bayes files (Berkeley DB) and these were copied from the old to the new server. Now whenever an expiry process runs on a user's database, the CPU spikes, sometimes for a minute or longer. We did not notice spikes on the old server, but it is really hammering the VM. Has anyone else experienced this problem? For now I have disabled Bayes altogether because of the unacceptable load.

--SA