I am setting up a new server to replace an old one. The old server ran
a version of spamassassin prior to it's use of plugins.

I've got my new server up and running (CentOS 4.4) nicely, with
amavisd-new (v2.4.3) calling spamassassin (v3.1.7), and SA's default
settings are tagging most spam as such.  I want to add pyzor, razor
and dcc to the mix.

Yes, I've gone to the SA site, and read what I can find on these three
plugins, but it's still not clear to me how to enable them and see
that they are actually being used.

Let's start with razor. In /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre, I added:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

In /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf, I added:

use_razor2 1

I made razor a home directory of "/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor". I
had the perl-Razor-Agent-2.40-1.2.el4.rf rpm installed, but that
didn't seem to provide the razor-admin command, so I installed the
razor-agents-2.40-1.2.el4.rf rpm, which did. I then ran:

razor-admin -home=/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor -register
razor-admin -home=/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor -create
razor-admin -home=/etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor -discover

I then restarted amavisd-new.

I see no indication that razor is actually being used, nor do I see
any errors in my maillog.

For pyzor, I loaded the plugin in init.pre and added "use_pyzor 1" in
local.cf. I created a home directory for it and added "pyzor_options
--homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin/.pyzor" to local.cf. I then went to
run:

pyzor --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin/.pyzor discover

except that I don't seem to have the pyzor command on my system, nor
can I find an rpm that includes it, to install. So, I've commented out
the pyzor entries in local.cf and init.pre for now.

As for dcc, I enabled the plugin in init.pre and added "use_dcc 1" to
local.cf but I saw no effect and have commented those entries out for
now.

I'm rather confused at this point and it would seem that I don't know
what I'm doing. I don't remember these being at all difficult to set
up, in the pre-plugin days, but I doubt it's an SA problem. More
likely, I'm seriously lacking clue and I'm hoping someone here can
help.

Thank you, in advance.
--
       -ste