Greylisting is not always good...

The greylisting insert delay in delevery and sometimes the email have to be delever fast.

For example: on some public wireless network, you have to register to have access to the internet.  You can access internet without authentification for 15 minutes.  In this 15 minutes, you have to register in the captive portal and then go confirm your inscription by clicking in a link received by email.  If the greylisting insert more then 15 minutes of delay...

I think technologies like SPF have a better futur.

François Rousseau

2006/11/2, Giampaolo Tomassoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:
> On 11/2/06, Debbie D <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> >
> > Yes Chris I did notice.. my server was attacked with spam yesterday
> > morning.. it was coming from several different ip, so fast I
> could not keep
> > it quiet
> >

> There's been a lot of chatter about this:
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/01/1321226
>
> Actually, it's getting to the extent that some at work are raising
> questions as to whether our SA setup will be able to maintain adequate
> protection from this growing onslaught. However, I have a feeling that
> even the appliance vendors are going to be equally hard pressed to
> deal with it.

Use greylisting: if they're bots, they will not even reach your SA.

Greylisting is a force.

Use the Force!

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4