I don't think that is what he ment.

GFI mail scanner has a 'name in subject' button.

It stops MY name in the subject line:

(I think this would need to be a plugin, not a rule)

It has to take To:.*(*.@) (whatever), SAVE it and match it against the
subject:

So:

To: Bill Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Greetings Smith

To: George W. Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Greetings Bush

(or Greetings George)

So, it has to take the To: line, separate 'real name', save at $1 and
$2, and match both $1 and $2 against subject.