I think you may misunderstand.

We have a certain email, that is spam. Lets call it 'A'.

When the email A passes through the mail system, it is grabbed by
MailScanner, which in turn puts it through SpamAssassin. The mail is then
delivered if the score is less than the threshhold (5), otherwise
quarantined. In our situation, the email 'A' has made it into our inbox,
with a score of 1 (which is indeed less than 5). However, if from the
console we run a manual spamassassin test (spamassassin -t < A) on the 'A'
email, then spamassassin returns a score of 23, which is somewhat higher
(and more correct given the content of the email) than the original score of
1.
So the question is, why is this happening to some email that is passing
through MailScanner? Is this simply a case of spamassassin timing out, even
though there is no mention of this in the logs, and the timeout for
spamassassin is set quite high?

Any help/input appreciated

Many thanks.
Kate.

On Sunday 01 April 2007 22:06, kiwidesign wrote:

> I am relatively new to SpamAssassin and I am having a bit of difficulty
> tracking down the reason for some spam messages getting through. When I
> test the message it comes up with score of say 23 points with 5 required.
> To me this indicates that it should have been stopped as spam, however it
> is still getting through.

Spamassassin doesn't delete spam or block it. It simply marks it as spam.
It's
up to you to decide what to do with it after that.